The development of nanomedicine this past decade has spurred a flurry of developments in novel diagnostic and therapeutic approaches which show great promise as a potential medicine paradigm for addressing current treatment roadblocks and persistent clinical needs, which are not successfully addressed with current methodologies. A nanotheranostics conference is an important initiative that could provide the forum for idea exchange and discussion to create a potential high-impact nanomedicine paradigm. The ICoN 2013 conference provideD the optimal venue to expand nanotheranostics research in a multidisciplinary environment which brought together all the key researchers in the nanotheranostics field.
Thematic Areas included:
- The roadmap of nanotheranostics development – Patient-oriented approach
- Emerging challenges for nanotheranostic applications
- Nanoscience technologies for theranostics
- Emphasis session on cancer nanotheranostics
- Toxicology, regulatory aspects, and ethics