Traveling to Padova
Padova is in the North East of Italy between several of the most famous cities in Italy, all UNESCO world heritage sites. It is situated about 30 km southwest of Venice, about 30 km east of Vicenza, the city of Palladio, and about 80 km east of Verona, the city of Romeo and Juliet and the open air opera festival in the Roman Arena. About 80 km south of Padova lies Ferrara, famous for its medieval castle, about 120 km south Bologna with the oldest university in the Western World and about 250 km south the famous city of Florence. All these cities can easily be reached from Padova by train.
Book your flights to “EWIC 2018” online at www.austrian.com and save 15% on all applicable fares! To do so, simply enter the following code in the eVoucher field on the Austrian homepage booking engine:
- Booking period: now until June 9th, 2018
- Valid for flights to Venice via Vienna and return as of May 31st, 2018 until June 16th, 2018 (final date for return flight) on flights operated by Austrian Airlines
Book your flights here!
- VENICE MARCO POLO is the nearest airport to Padua. From the airport, you can travel to Padua (49 km) by:
SITA coach, with 24 trips a day from 7:40 am to 10:40 pm (every 30-60 minutes). The coach takes about 1 hour and the ticket costs €8.50. http://ro.autobus.it/ro/asp/RicercaOrari.asp?User=SITA
Train from Venezia-Mestre station. The airport is linked to the train station (10 km away) by an ATVO shuttle bus or ACTV city bus No. 5.
Air Service shared taxi service (from €34 per passenger up to a maximum of €118 for 8 passengers), or Landomas (from €31 per passenger up to a maximum of €90 for 5 passengers). Book at least 24 hours in advance.
- VERONA VALERIO CATULLO You can travel to Padua (86 km) by train. The airport is linked to the train station (11 km away) by Aerobus until 11 pm.
- TREVISO ANTONIO CANOVA This airport serves low-cost airlines. You can travel to Padua (62 km) by La Marca coach, with 34 trips a day, from 5:25 am to 8:15 pm (every 20-25 minutes). The coach takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes, and the ticket costs €4.30.
- BOLOGNA GUGLIELMO MARCONI You can travel to Padua (120 km) by train. The airport is linked to the train station (9 km away) by Aerobus.
Padova train station is a 15-minute walk from the old city centre; there are train services to Venice, Trieste, Verona, Milan, Bologna, Florence and Rome. For timetables and information please click here.
- A4 Torino – Trieste. Exit at Padova Ovest and Padova Est
- A13 Bologna – Padova. Exits at Padova Sud and Padova Zona Industriale
ATTENTION: in Padua city centre there is a ZTL zone, an area in which car traffic is restricted. From 8am to 8pm no car traffic can enter the central streets, unless the car has a special permit allowing it. See more details here (in Italian only) or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AIRPORT SHUTTLE BUS
AirService is the collective shuttle bus service, which picks you up at the airport and takes you comfortably to your accommodation in Padua.
As an EWIC participant, you will have a dedicated service, with English speaking drivers and small snack at your arrival.
When you make the reservation, insert the word “ewic2018” in the note field.
The transfer is made with the latest Mercedes Sprinter 8 seater model. Drivers are qualified in accordance with the legislation in force, and are available for any request in relation to your journey.
The AirService Shuttle Bus offers collective transport to Padua and to all city of the Veneto from the following airports:
- Venice Airport – Marco Polo (VCE)
- Treviso Airport – Antonio Canova (TSF)
- Bologna Airport – Guglielmo Marconi (BLQ)
- Verona Airport – Valerio Catullo (VRN)
- Bergamo Airport – Orio al Serio (BGY)
- *Milan – Malpensa (MXP)
- *Milan – Linate (LIN)