- Before the conference, go to https://whova.com/portal/webapp/icalp_202104/ and create a Whova account if necessary. You must use the email address that you used when registering for ICALP. Within Whova, go to Agenda to find the conference programme. It contains links to the Zoom meetings as well as links to the pre-recorded video for each paper. The papers themselves are in the LIPIcs proceedings.
- Conference sessions take place in Zoom. When you follow the link to a Zoom meeting from the Whova Agenda, you have a choice of starting Zoom in a separate window or having Zoom embedded in the Whova window. There can be some technical problems with the embedded option, so you might find it easier to choose the separate window. The Zoom meeting should be open 5 minutes before the starting time of the session. If you try to join before the meeting is open, you might need to refresh your browser before trying again.
- When you are in one of the Zoom meetings, please use your full name so that other participants can identify you. This is equivalent to wearing your conference name badge. When you are in a non-social session, please keep yourself muted unless you are giving a talk or asking (or answering) a question.
- The format of the technical sessions of contributed talks is that each session contains six papers, and each paper has a 5-minute live presentation followed by a 5-minute live Q&A. At the end of the session, the Zoom meeting continues for 20 minutes into the next break, so that interested participants can discuss the papers with their authors. There will be six breakout rooms, one for each paper, numbered according to the sequence of papers within the session.
- To ask questions in a Q&A session, use the Zoom feature to raise your hand. The session chair will call on you.
- Although there is also a chat feature in Whova, not all participants will be looking at it, especially if they are using Zoom in a separate window. Don’t use the Whova chat to ask questions, because the session chair will not be monitoring it.
- Please note that linking your ICALP registration into Whova requires a step of processing. If you register by 12.00 (CEST) on Friday 9th July, we will update Whova the same day. If you register later, there may be a delay before you can access Whova. If you have problems, please contact the ICALP General Chair.