Call for Student Volunteers
To run ICALP 2021 we need a number of student volunteers.
The main duties of a student volunteer:
- To provide support in technical sessions, either for the main conference or workshops or both. This mainly consists of helping presenters to work with the online conference platform. Training will be given.
- To help with social sessions, in as-yet-unspecified ways – for example, helping to assign people to groups, or technical troubleshooting.
- To answer queries from conference participants, passing such queries to members of the organising committee if necessary.
The dates when you will be needed are as follows:
- Morning of the 1st and afternoon of the 2nd July for conference rehearsal and training.
- Sunday 11th to Friday 16th July inclusive for the conference and workshops, mainly in the afternoons for the conference/workshop sessions, but also in the mornings to assist with preparation for each afternoon.
The benefits of volunteering:
- Helping with a major event.
- Experience for your CV.
- Free registration for the conference, including access to social events and invited talks. However, you will not have a free choice of technical sessions because you will be assigned to certain sessions as a volunteer.
If you are interested in volunteering, please see the draft job description, and email Dr Jess Enright to register your interest, including “ICALP Student Volunteer” in the subject line.
Applications are open until sufficient volunteers are recruited, or until June 18th at the latest. You should be notified of the outcome of your application within 5 working days of your application.